Table of Contents
Ensuring Adequate Funding and Facilities
- 1. Schools need adequate funding.
- 2. Schools need cutting-edge facilities — especially in science, math, and technology.
Fostering Academic Achievement and Accountability
- 3. All students must participate in a rigorous academic curriculum.
- 4. Academic goals must be clearly defined and accurately measured.
- 5. Schools should be held accountable for failure and recognized for success.
- 6. The best teachers must be matched with the neediest students.
- 7. Schools must work in close partnership with early education and post-secondary programs.
- 8. All students must have high quality supplemental academic programs and challenging after-school opportunities.
Expanding Social, Developmental, and Health Supports
- 9. Schools must offer adequate social, developmental, and health supports.
- 10. Schools must have high expectations for all their students.
Encouraging Strong Leadership and Community Partnerships
- 11. Communities must encourage and support strong school leaders.
- 12. Teachers must have high quality training and professional development opportunities, especially in math, science, and technology.
- 13. Schools must effectively engage parents and communities in children’s academic achievement.